The Finals are a playoff system of the top 8 finishers in a competition to determine which two teams will play in the Grand Final. The teams play each other over three weeks, with two teams eliminated each week. Teams who finish in a higher position in the competition are given an easier route to the Grand Final.The NRL uses the McIntyre System.
- 1st Qualifying Final: 1st vs 8th
- 2nd Qualifying Final: 2nd vs 7th
- 3rd Qualifying Final: 3rd vs 6th
- 4th Qualifying Final: 4th vs 5th
The teams are then ranked depending on whether they won or lost, then on their position on the ladder before the finals. The two lowest ranked losers are eliminated from the finals, whilst the two highest ranked winners progress straight to Week 3.
- 1st Semi Final: 4th highest ranked winner vs 2nd highest ranked loser
- 2nd Semi Final: 3rd highest ranked winner vs 1st highest ranked loser
The two losing teams are eliminated, the two winning teams progress to Week 3.
- 1st Preliminary Final: 2nd highest ranked winner (from Week 1) vs winner of 2nd Semi Final
- 2nd Preliminary Final: 1st highest ranked winner (from Week 1) vs winner of 1st Semi Final
The two losing teams are eliminated, the two winning teams progress to Week Four.
- Grand Final: winner of 1st Preliminary Final vs winner of 2nd Preliminary Final
The winner of the Grand Final are the years and current premieres.